Wednesday, July 1, 2009

lisa at rest

today i'd like to:

go to sequatchie cove farm for my weekly work share shift

get the house clean and ready for my parents' visit

finish repairing clothes for my friends

make some belated birthday gifts

continue work on the jacket i am obsessing over

my body did not get that memo. oh no, my body decided, "hey, this is an awfully busy week for lisa! let's get sick so she gets nothing done! yay!" boys and girls, i am out for the count, laying on the couch, drinking plenty of fluids, taking antibiotics and praying that i really will mend by independence day.

when i get these occasional bouts of imposed "rest" i mostly lay around thinking about all the things i'd like to accomplish. it's a very irritating habit. at some point last summer i realized that i very often wished i was someone new. not to say i didn't like me at all, i just constantly evaluate my life as it stands and my life as i would like it to be. after seeing the disparity between the two lists i have worked very hard to be the person i want to be.

is that weird? i don't know that we all stop and think about who we really would like to be. my list was pretty short. some of it was very silly. for instance, a new one i have added is, "i would like to not wear toenail polish and still feel fashionable."

so today, as i lay on the couch getting frustrated about being sick, i am reminded that i decided i wanted to be the type of person who was at peace. not idle, lazy peace, but faith-filled, submissive peace that welled up from a simple acceptance of God's goodness, grace, and providence for me.

No comments: