Monday, July 20, 2009

an apron day


that's what i unofficially call days like today. days when i wake up, put on an apron over my clothes and leave it there all day. days that have included 6 loads of laundry, a double batch of bread, and blueberry boy bait...yes, blueberry boy bait. fun to say, funner to eat! get the recipe here.

thanks to jenny i've found a whole new blog to stalk! woo hoo! i think tomorrow night i'll attempt the lemony zucchini pizza, with the addition of my homemade sundried tomato pesto. yum!

i just took the boy bait out of the oven and let me offer some notes on it. the yield looked huge, so i used my 2 9x9s instead of the 9x13. now, when i return the almighty (and completely coveted, hint, hint;) kitchenaid 5 quart pro to my friend, i have a little treat to take her!



second, i decided to stuff a whole lot more blueberries in there. seemed like a great idea to me! but, my topping all sunk to the bottom, so i don't know 'bout that. i'm pretty sure it'll still taste delicious!

ok, apparently that laundry i washed ought to be folded and put away, the bread baked, and a nice long bike ride taken before i get dinner on the table. tonight: heirloom tomatoes with basil and feta, veggie kebabs with oregano, lemon, garlic, and olive oil, burgers, and homemade buns!

1 comment:

Molly Page said...

I'm desperately jealous of your wonderful array of aprons. They are soo cute.