Sunday, June 21, 2009

jack webster jr. is a weirdo

its true! our friends joined us for a trip up to louisville recently and on the way there my friend asked, "what are your parents like?" i started to tell her some of the things that a guest of the websters should know and was cracking myself up. do these things sound normal to you?

don't touch the walls. it leaves marks that "ruin" the paint.
take very, very brief showers. yes, he will notice if you don't. yes, he will say something about it.
do not jump. for any reason. he will hear it and wonder why you are destroying the house.

all of these are rules for making my odd, odd dad happy. i didn't really think it was that bizarre until i looked over at my friend. the look of horror on her face said it all!

if you're thinking this doesn't make a very good father's day post, let me redeem it right here. i love my weirdo dad! i don't even think he's that odd. he's pretty easy to goof on, but his generosity, wisdom, love, ability to make "memories," uncanny skill of standing on his head anywhere on anything, propensity to add 's' to the end of every proper pronoun, and enduring commitment to our family make him pretty much the best thing going.

thank you, dad, for every bizarre rule. i am humbled by your devotion to us and grateful for your love and leadership. i promise to learn how to back up my car and quit running over your grass, give you $20 to play golf whenever you want it, and never ever order a coke when we go out to eat.

love you!

1 comment:

Jack Webster said...

I love my girl!
Weirdo Dad