Thursday, June 18, 2009

72 hours in the life of lisa c

kids, i've been busy! here are the highlights!

tuesday night we had my all time fav: breakfast for dinner! there is no explanation for my love of bfd, i think its just the simple meal-order rebellion that delights me. that, and it takes almost no planning to throw together a frittata with farmer's cheese, onions, sundried tomatoes, summer savory, bacon, swiss chard stems and greens, banana chocolate chip muffins, and grilled pineapple and peaches for dessert.

it was a wonderful, late dinner. a nice chance to slow down and catch up with josh. i had spent the entire day sewing...it takes me a while to unwind from that and a meal on the back porch was just what i needed. afterwards, we walked over to the neighbor's to check out the garden. apparently, the mosquitoes were pretty interested in checking me out too, i had to retreat from our social call early and find some benadryl!


last night we went out to alleia (unending praise for the culinary delight of the southside!) for two friends' birthday dinner and i rushed home right afterwards so i could finish making my very first batch of bagels. they turned out amazing! a dense, sweet wheat chock full of sunflower seeds. man, oh man are they good!
if any of you have heard me talk about "those bagels i used to get on my way to school," i have now successfully duplicated them. victory!

here's the dress i started tuesday. i've already put it in leo! i think it turned out pretty cute! those darling buttons and rad, rad fabric came from the once almighty baer fabrics. as a side note, so did both my machines AND my sewing education. that's right boys and girls, i learned to sew at a one week sewing camp when i was in the fourth grade! crazy!

my other creation for the week was this sweet top. i made it just to go with this amazing skirt! wish i'd made the skirt too!


here's hoping your 72 hours were filled to the brim with fun! i'm off to the beach this weekend and i can't wait! see ya'll next week!

2 comments:

Molly Page said...

Your dress turned out so totally adorable!! And I lusted over that skirt when I was in Leo - and now that you've made that cute, cute top I'm wanting it just that much more!

lisa c said...

woo hoo! thanks! that dress would be so cute on you, the colors are really perfect for you!

that skirt is amazing. it so needed a shirt to go with it!