Sunday, May 31, 2009

obsessive snackers anonymous

have you ever eaten a meal with me? i am known for being a small eater. i have a confession to make...i may eat small portions, but i make up for it with frequency. i knew my snacking addiction had become a problem during my days in community affairs; i had food stashed in no less than 3 places in my tiny cubicle and i was not ashamed of this fact.

i have not gotten better! with all our work on redoing the office this week (yes, we finished it in 5 days!!! i am getting photos tonight to post.) i have had one crazy appetite! i woke up one morning with the conviction that i had just created the world's greatest snack. since my friends were coming over that afternoon, i knew i had to test out my theory.

here's what i fed them.



and they agreed, this one was a winner! here's what i did:

toasted up some homemade corn tortillas*
slathered on the cream cheese
added some green stuff (i like arugula and lettuce)
threw in some cilantro
and topped the whole thing with some radish slices

we also enjoyed this spicy sweet pretzel mix while we sewed away the afternoon.

delish! i "had" to make this one today to take a photo for ya'll...even though dinner is in the oven and i've already had one snack this afternoon.

later i get to fill up on our roast veggies. yum yum! this week we're having the swiss chard stems, broccoli stems, onions, leeks, garlic scapes, radishes, and swiss chard leaves in rosemary and butter. oh my!

*a note on tortillas: yes, i make them at home! my friend julie mentioned that she did and i got her to show me how. they are so easy and cheap! i am about to run out of my freezer stash, so the next time i make them, i will bring you along for the adventure. just like those hamburger buns, i can't stomach (haha) the thought of using store bought tortillas with my yummy, yummy stuff. they're super easy, you'll see!

No comments: